Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox security

• Please log in to reply

Pryce

Pryce

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
A question for all you folks who have been using FF.How can I maximaze security with the browser?I seem to accumulate more adware and spyware when using it.Any suggestions?Thanks in advance---Lp

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Hi there. ;)

You mean your computer is infected with spyware?

What kind of protection programs are you using? Such as Anti-virus.. Anti-spyware apps?
At least install SpywareBlaster here; http://www.javacools...areblaster.html

(Freeware - doesn't take resources much - easy to use - efficient.)

When installed - launch it -> Update -> Enable all protection -> close it.

What kind of "Tracking Cookie" - settings are you using on your FF?

Otherwise, FF really doesn't need so much security. Rather just keep it updated - set your Cookie settings - keep your anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware software updated and protection on.

- Rawe :tazz:

Pryce

Pryce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey Rawe,Yeah I think my machine is totally eaten up.I had no issues until a couple of weeks ago.Wife hit a rouge site and my machine got clobbered.I have been running Norton antivirus and firewall for years all with auto update.Same with Adaware,Spybot S&D,Aluria Spyware removal.Recently added Ewido, CWS Shredder and the other tools you guys recommended.I even dumped IE6 and was still getting clobbered although not to the extent with IE.I just noticed when the spy/adware files were removed they were all in mozilla FF. Thought there was an issue with some of my settings---guess not!!! Lp

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
If you suspect that your machine is infected.. (which it probably is)
go ahead and post an HiJackThis log to the malware removal forum above.
Read the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HiJackThis Log" - thread and follow the steps.
Someone from our malware experts will get you clean.. ;)

- Rawe :tazz: