Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Access My Banking Web Site

• Please log in to reply

lucyndah

lucyndah

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have called my ISP who said they suspect I cannot access any secured sites and need to download windows xp security patches - which I can't do. I had my computer serviced a few months back in which my system was wiped and had windows xp installed. The person who did this did not use my windows xp disk and now, when I try to udate anything, I get an error message saying my serial number is invalid. Surprise surprise. This person also backed my system up onto his system and said he would burn everything to dvd's for me. He did not do this even though I payed him for it. I payed him 160$ for this work that I could have done myself had I had another system with enough hard drive space to back everything up onto. Anyway - I have tried to contact him and he will not return my phone calls (surprise surprise).

Anyway - I cannot instal any updates. However, I tried many other secured banking web sites and can open their sites perfectly fine - so I don't believe this is the issue.

I don't know what to try next and I need to do some banking.

I suspect one of my spyware programs may be blocking the site? But I haven't been able ti find anything indication so.

Help please????

Advertisements