Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP WinXP

• Please log in to reply

graceflorida

graceflorida

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi--
Q: on my old computer with Win95+ I had MS IE 5.7 with search engin. this new (HP bought retail from office depot) computer only wants me to shop/buy online and HP corp office yesterday said all computers are that way now, and i should get computer lessons (&didnt care that i didnt get my rebates). if i hook up THIS monitor with my old computer can i get my old system back instead of MSN Butterfly and bad searches? my computer just crashed with AdobeReader (as always) when i tried for GeekInfo in Ft Lauderdale. i'm giving up on this computer & want to go back to old computer. THX, grace

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
We can make it right again. I need you to do something for me.

Click Here download the latest version of Hijack This (1.99.1) and post it in this thread.

Also, give me a start-up log.

In order to do this go into the Config option when you start HijackThis, and then click on the Misc Tools button at the top.

You will then click on the button labeled "Generate StartupList Log" . Once you click that button, the program will automatically open up a notepad filled with the Startup items from your computer. Copy and paste these entries into a message and submit it.