Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X-box

• Please log in to reply

Jiggaman801

Jiggaman801

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
modded= I removed the old 8 GB Harddrive and through in a 200 GB harddrive... that way I can just burn the games I "buy" to the HD and load them to play them (no CD required)... but there's more to it then that... I also had to flash the BIOS and get a program to do all these things... but beware if you're an XBox live user... you'll need to mod it in ways that you can turn the new config off or on (certain mod chips have this ability) or else XBox live will kick you off... I don't play live so I just did a "soft mod"... no mod chip required...

There are websites out there like
http://xbox-scene.com/
that have lots of info

Advertisements

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Yeah I was looking at Elder Scrolls also. But I just bought a new laptop so Im good, at least I hope that im good. Anyway I have a feeling that it would be in teh 3 to 4 range because the majority of people couldn't or wouldn't buy a system like that for over that much money that is just crazy to ask over $400.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Jig: How exactly did you mod your xbox cause that sounds sweet. I would like to do that to my system.

Jiggaman801

Jiggaman801

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
last post should have been "threw" not "through"

Cloud there are directions online... go to the Xbox-scene.com website I posted or just google it... the soft mod was a little tricky but there are mod chips that you can sauder to your current mother board that have the on/off switch I mentioned earlier... I wouldn't recommend a chip that requires "no saudering" because if you bump your XBox you might knock it loose and have to do the process all over again... there are too many variables to describe it all here (XBox Version, soft mod/hard mod) but I just researched it online and did it myself... not rocket science but not plug and play either....

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
can u burn games to the hdd

how?????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by Supercalifragilistic, 29 July 2005 - 09:20 AM.