Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ewido

• Please log in to reply

Mortalis

Mortalis

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Moved from wrong forum

Topic pretty much tells all.

I used Ewido (recommended during another event being resolved on your forums) during the resolution phase of correcting my malware/adware/spyware drama recently. The product found considerably more items than Ad-Aware. Spybot, and Microsoft's antispyware program.

At $29.95, the cost is not that big a deal as long as the product performs.

Are there other products you would recommend?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
as you said it was recomended, probably for the removal of malware. We do highly recomend it.

Norton av 2005: without internet worm protection turned on it doesn't protect from adaware related download trojans. with it on it does a good job of protection but becomes a resouce hog. If your a gamer it interferes a lot with gaming.

Mcaffee: does a better job with adaware stuff but still has some issues with resource management.

avg: free
avast: free

ewido: well as you have seen it does a good job. doesn't seem to be a resouce hog. just works like it should. every version they release improves their product and adds new features. I have used v3 and now v3.5. I like it very much. I think it says a lot when we use it to clean download trojans and adaware related viri from systems as part of our normal malware process.

Starjax