Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No boot after installing ati radeon x700

• Please log in to reply

memonkey

memonkey

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So I installed the x700 myself. worked fine for a couple hours then it froze so i manually turned it off. i messed around in the case for a while and gave up. i tried turning on my computer a it suddenly started working again.

Today i was browsing the web and it shut off without warning. I tried turning it on again but nothing happened. it wouldnt even turn on.

i tried re installing the card physically and re-plugging in the wires to the power supply and the hard drive but still nothing.

i tried plugging in the power cable into a different power outlet. i seriously tried whatever i know at this point.

tried turning off psu with the switch on the back and turning it back on... the fans go on for about 1 second and then stops. it used to light up for a couple seconds (because my fan has a light), but it blinks now for less than a second.

when it happened i figured that the psu was hot and i touched it and it was quite hot, so i left it to sit for several hours and tried turning it on again and still nothing.

there are no warning beeps or anything else, it just simply wont turn on.

here are my specs

psu is 480watts and thats as far as i know right now.
p4 2.6
d865perl motherboard by intel
ati radeon x700 pro 256
512 mb kingston ram

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
tried resetting the cmos?

memonkey

memonkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
actually no, cus... i dont know how to :tazz:

memonkey

memonkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok i took out the battery on the motherboard and then put it back in...

if i hold the power button for a few seconds, let go, and then push it... everything flashes once but it doesnt turn on. could it be that my psu is dead?