Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA Driver

• Please log in to reply

cwc7268

cwc7268

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Same story second verse......my computer only has 16 colors. I have followed suggestions from Microsoft and installed other drivers but nothing. I really am getting good at installing and uninstalling these things.

Processor - Pentium 4
Motherboard - Intel D845EPT
Version - AAA83390-307
Chipset - 845

OS - Windows 98 SE (I know it is like trying to fly a jet airplane on regular gasoline :tazz: but the computer was a gift from friend due to upgrading of his business. I am playing around with it just to try and learn a little bit. Any help would be appreciated and I am sure glad my limited skills led me to this site.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Probably the easiest way to get the correct driver in a case like this, is to open the case, look at the device or card and get the mfrs. name and part number and go to the mfrs. website. Most mfrs. have at least a redirect page that goes www.companyname.com, but you can also use Google!!!

In fact, since you're running an older OS on a newer machine this is just about the only way to find it.

Edited by Tyger, 22 July 2005 - 09:48 PM.

cwc7268

cwc7268

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks....I normally use 2000 pro and XP pro but wanted to see if I could get 98SE to work. I need to also figure out Ethernet controller......yellow ! in systems information and when removed it reinstalls as Unknown....but that is a different topic :tazz: