Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need a lil help

• Please log in to reply

noobsabot187

noobsabot187

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i got a emachine amd 1.6 ghz

i run windows xp home ed.

i just added a keyboard and my computer truned off like a min later or a lil less and so i figer it need to so it will detect the keyboard but now it will not boot up so i figered i could just put in the restore disk witch is new and redo my comp well it will go untill the blue ghost screen and will not go just stuck on that screen and wont let me restore what could this be bad rom? bios update needed ? or bad drive? plz help need help asap if any of you could take some time to help me asap i will be verythankful and can and will help this community out by posting alot of computer tuts if u help /

thanks ,
the one and only noobsabot187

Advertisements

Unforgiven

Unforgiven

• Pip
  • 7 posts
First, why did you add the new keyboard and what type was it, PS2 or USB? More information is needed before making any suggestions!

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

First, why did you add the new keyboard and what type was it, PS2 or USB? More information is needed before making any suggestions!

View Post

I agree, we need a little more information, have you tried it without the new keyboard and just using your old on again?

and as Unforgiven asked, is it a PS2 or USB keyboard?
:tazz:

Edited by Tony_1983, 23 July 2005 - 02:53 AM.

noobsabot187

noobsabot187

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the old keyboard the keys were messed up on it so i got given a free cheap 10 dollar usb keyboard and when i pluged it in about 1min or less the computer truned off so like said i figered prob needed to trun off so it could detect the new keyboard but i truned it on and it kept wanted me to restore it by putting in the xp restore disk so i tryed to restore it thinking that everything would be ok then it would not restore to want stuck on 0 % on the ghost screen so i figered maybe its the keyboard so i unpluged the keyboard and then tryed to just boot it up with out the disk in the rom and still didnt work so of couse i then tryed the restore disk again with out the keyboard even pluged in and still did not work i pluged in the keyboard when the computer was no but i dont think it would matter but then again it may if you need more info just ask

thanks
noobsabot187

Edited by noobsabot187, 23 July 2005 - 12:52 PM.