Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with 0xBE Stop error

• Please log in to reply

Trouserpants

Trouserpants

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Howdy folks. I've been trying to install XP home on an old system for my mum, but I've come to a standstill.

Each time I boot the computer up now, it gives me the 0xBE stop bluescreen (tried writing to readonly memory) for a driver called NeroIncd or something.

Help files suggest this is remedied by simply removing the faulty driver, but I am confused as to how to do this when windows will not start. I've tried starting in safe mode, but it just gives the same error.

So I guess my question is, is there a way to disable this little blighter outside of windows entirely, through the BIOS or something?

I'd really appriciate any help here, at the moment it seems my rather intermediate computer skills have completely crapped out my mum's system.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This is a file associated with Nero Burning ROM and it obviously has read only attributes so the installation can't write over it. Many files in Windows are on specific addresses on the disk and when they can't be placed there, errors occur. There may be other files like that on the disk. The safest way would be to completely reformat the disk to remove all files.

Trouserpants

Trouserpants

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ta.
How do I go about doing the reformat outside of windows?