Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ANNOYING POPUPS

• Please log in to reply

tiredmom

tiredmom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When we open IE, we usually get a popup of sometype of [bleep]. We've tried deleting the spyware using Spybot - Search & Destroy with no suggess. The pages always come up starting with http://209.200.10.90.

Can you help us?

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
We can definitely help you..
Please follow these steps listed here;
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Follow all the steps - don't get confused when it asks you to post the HiJackThis log to malware forum.
Just follow that step too. Don't post your log here. ;)

- Rawe :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Do you have XP SP 2 on your system? If so you can configure the settings in the internet explorer settings..... I have mine set to high so I have to press and hold control button to have pop ups.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Tony_1983, good idea otherwise but it will be far better off with checking the log and getting the computer clean.. Then preventing it happening again.

And tiredmom, don't apply SP2 yet if you don't have it. It would just create stability problems, we need to get your PC clean first.

- Rawe :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
:tazz: Totally agree with you Rawe, tiredmom have you checked your computer for maleware\spyware? ;)

(Rawe, was that ok of me to ask that?)