Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VB6+CR9 Application Deployment problem

• Please log in to reply

UmeshShah

UmeshShah

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an application developed using VB6 (Visual basic 6) and CR9 (Crystal Report) - executing it directly from within VB6 IDE is running just fine.

When I make deplayment package using tools available from within VB, the package is created normal way howeve when I install it on some other system .. all sorts of errors occur.

I have tried on 2 diffrent systems on one the application gets installled giving some warning about a few DLL files that are newer in the system so I select to retain them rather than overwriting them with older DLLs. At the end it gives msg the the appication got installed. But on execution, the screen/forms designed in VB work fine but when I select the Crystal Reports generated codes teh application just exits giving error message - Runtime error - "-2147206461 (80043ac3)'. File not found'.

Can someone one help ? Where things have gone wrong in deployment package/installing any runtime for crystal?

Thanks,
Umesh

Advertisements