Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SERIOUSLY NEED HELP! FAST! [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kow_ciller

kow_ciller

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It looks like I got PSguard and i need help removing it. heres my hijackthis Log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:14:57 AM, on 7/23/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2EVXX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI CONTROL PANEL\ATIPTAXX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT HARDWARE\KEYBOARD\SPEEDKEY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\RAGE3DTWEAK\GAMEUTIL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OSA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTELL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.../7_0/home.html"); (C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\jm4z5kpc.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRAM%20FILES%5CMOZILLA.ORG%5CMOZILLA%5Csearchplugins%5Cgoogle.src"); (C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\jm4z5kpc.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX (file missing)
O2 - BHO: WaveHelper Class - {EA7F9A52-0A05-11D2-98C5-00104B7229C2} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\WAVETOP\BIN\WAVEIE.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D9A254C1-7307-11D9-9A94-000C18B6C69E} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PCJFHG.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1.1\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F5735C15-1FB2-41FE-BA12-242757E69DDE} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO\TOOLBAR.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F0F8ECBE-D460-4B34-B007-56A92E8F84A7} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO\TOOLBAR.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bpcpost.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\bpcpost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft IntelliType Pro] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Keyboard\speedkey.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OmgStartup] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\OpenMG\OmgStartup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intell32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\intell32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSGuard spyware remover] C:\Program Files\PSGuard\PSGuard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ATIPOLL] ati2evxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ATISmart] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ati2s9ag.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Juno] C:\PROGRAM FILES\JUNO\BIN\JUNO.EXE /RestoreAfterCrash
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Launchpad] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\ATI MULTIMEDIA\MAIN\LAUNCHPD.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [ATI Launchpad] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\ATI MULTIMEDIA\MAIN\LAUNCHPD.EXE"
O4 - Startup: gameutil.exe.lnk = C:\program files\rage3dtweak\gameutil.exe
O4 - Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'xfire_lsp_8247.dll' missing
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll

If you guys could help me out as soon as posible that would be great,well thanks guys and I hope you can help me out.:tazz:

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :tazz:

First we need to download and prepare some tools that we will need to fix your problem.
  • Please download SmitRem.zip
    • Save the file to your desktop.
    • Right click on the file and extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
  • Please download Adaware SE 1.06
    Install Adaware and check for updates, but don't run it yet.

• Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.
=============

Now that you have the right tools we can start fixing your problem.
Please print out these instructions as the rest of this fix must be done in Safe mode and you won't be able to access the Internet.

Please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
* if you have trouble getting into Safe mode go here for more info.

=============

Once in Safe mode, follow these steps:
  • Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
    Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

• Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove everything that it finds.

• Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Website > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

• Reboot back into normal mode and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan. Make sure the autoclean box is checked!

• Save the scan log and post it along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of the smitfiles.txt log by using Add Reply.
Let me know if any problems persist.

Edited by Buckeye_Sam, 24 July 2005 - 12:28 PM.

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.