Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slipstreaming programs into windows

• Please log in to reply

Silentheero

Silentheero

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Is there any way to take my copy of windows xp and make a restore CD with the essential programs I want to run? I can't think of a way, besides scripting the crap out of it, but would like it because I'm continually reinstalling and messing up my comp (on purpose most of the time) and need an easier way to install the basics, firefox, nero, alcohol, etc.

Advertisements

eodsupport

eodsupport

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Perform a clean install (repartition and reformat with NTFS) one more time. After the OS install, install all of your base programs, special drivers, and configure all settings the way you want them. Purchase Symantec's Ghost and create an image of this new configuration.

Now you can play away, destroy the settings, and only have to run the image to restore your computer back to the original state. No more hours and hours of rebuilding!