Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bpm studio profi demo

• Please log in to reply

phantomas

phantomas

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
When I try to install BPM Studio Profi DEMO on my computer I get this error:

General file transfer error. Please check your target location and try again.
Error number: -37
File name: C:\WINDOWS\_ISTMP0.DIR\mmvrtkrnl.exe

I thought this might happen because the attribute for c:\windows\temp is set to read only. I changed it to system from dos level using "attrib -r +s c:\windows\temp" but it didn't help. I think i didn't change it well because when i right click the folder the read only box is still checked but the hidden box is greyed out. When i check for the attribute in windows explorer it appears to be S (system).

If anyone has a solution please post it on this forum.

Advertisements

phantomas

phantomas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
The file name is actually mmrtkrnl.exe. This is where the installation stops.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
open explorer, right click on the temp folder and go to properties. you should be able to change the properties there.

are you really trying to use the demo now instead of the downloaded version... ?

phantomas

phantomas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I tried this the first time, but when i uncheck the read only box and then right click temp, the green square is still there. In explorer the attribute shows as S, but i'm still having problems installing the software. As i've written in the topic, it's the demo version i'm trying to install.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would then perform a full checkdisk on the hdd to see you you have any issues there. if you don't then I would start checking for malware by starting here