Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Aurora Pop-ups, how to remove? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
CWShredder - When opened is fine.

I have downloaded the following 3 times:
Aboutbuster 5
Homesearchfix
Killbox

And when I open them to see if they work, the same message appears.
(The one I showed you)

The only difference is, with Homesearchfix it has a dangerous .REG file instead.

I don't know why my computer rufuses to cooperate,

Please keep trying, I know I am,

Bulaklak

:tazz:

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Try the following:

Go into Internet Explorer>>Internet Options (On the toolbar)>>Security and make sure that the Security level for the Internet Zone is no higher than Medium.

Now try to download and open those programs.

Trevuren

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ill do that,

Thanks again

Bulaklak

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I done what you said,

and they were on medium already :tazz:

Bulaklak

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi,

I am going to see if I can get one of our Forum Techs to come and fix things so you can open those files. I'll be watching from the wings and ready to do the malware part as soon as they have you up and running in that department.

Trevuren

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the warning from Winzip

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
If .com files work, u can try the following steps:

1) Click Start, Run and type Command (not same cmd, cmd won't run because it is an exe; Command is a com file)
Type the following and then press Enter after typing each one:
cd\windows
copy regedit.exe regedit.com (again as .exe wont work we are make a .com copy)
regedit.com

2) For .exe; Navigate to and select the following key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ exefile \ shell \ open \ command
Double-click the (Default) value in the right pane
Delete the current value data, and then type:
"%1" %* [with quotes]
(ie., quote-percent-one-quote-space-percent-asterisk.)

3) Navigate to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
In the right-pane, set (default) to exefile.
Now .exe should be working.

4) For .reg; Go to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.reg
Change the value of (default) to regfile.

5) Now go to:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command
Change the value of (Default) to regedit.exe "%1"
(i.e. regedit.exe-quote-percent-one-quote).

6) .zip will vary according to the program U use.
Now, that .exe works re-install ur ZIP program.

Edited by darth_ash, 30 July 2005 - 03:11 AM.

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes,

The warning is from Winzip

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
When I type 'Command' in Run, the following message appears in front of a black window:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\command.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

[Close] [Ignore]

Should I ignore it?

Can I still follow your instructions that you sent me, or should this be finished first?

Bulaklak

:tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go ahead if it is from Winzip, install killbox and do as much as you can with that.

Does the dangerous warning for the reg file say potentially dangerous, if so, ask Trevuren if you still nedd it, then run it if you do.

From his comment about your PC being in a bad way, look to get the PC to a point where you can back up uninfected files, then consider a clean install, which will definitely clear the drive of malware

Edited by Keith, 30 July 2005 - 05:27 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for the autoexec

http://www.visualtour.com/downloads

you need XP_Fixe.exe which is 2nd down

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
It looks as if you are making good progress. A soon as you are ready, just post a reply telling me so and we will start. Due to the lapse of time that has passed since your last HJT log. I will require a fresh one because the infection has undoubtebly changed in some way and I will have to prepare a new fix.

Regards,

Trevuren

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Im still confused in what I have to do.
I haven't done the procedure in which unplugging the internet is required yet, because of the problem of the reocurring message. And I still haven't done the procedure posted 30th July (yesterday) 8:58 AM, again because of a suspicious message.

Apart from those (which I think are the main things to be done) I have done evrything else you said.

So what shall I do now?

Yours confused :tazz: ,

Bulaklak

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Ignore the messages and proceed, then post a HJT log.

Regards,

Trevuren

bulaklak_01

bulaklak_01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I done all of what you said, except...

- Some things I could not delete on HJT, since I could not find them/they were not there.

- The second time I opened About Buster, it could not be located.

Here is my latest HJT logfile, however I could not get the Ewido report to come up

HJT ...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 18:28:41, on 05/08/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
c:\windows\system32\aielhg.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\VoyagerTest\fts.exe
C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslstat.exe
C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\etb\pokapoka62.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\arqanr.exe
C:\Program Files\Cas\Client\casclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\AOL\Broadband CheckUp\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows\services32.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\aoltpspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\stnse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://g.msn.com/8SE...&CM=MsgrInstall
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {02EE5B04-F144-47BB-83FB-A60BD91B74A9} - C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\SskBho.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [%FP%Friendly fts.exe] "C:\Program Files\VoyagerTest\fts.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLSTATEXE] C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslstat.exe icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitekpz32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [07rU35Q] recwizc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 3] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System service62] C:\WINDOWS\etb\pokapoka62.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\arqanr.exe reg_run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fldxpvr] c:\windows\system32\aielhg.exe r
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Hw08RRc9l] cdfoops.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS Client] "C:\Program Files\Cas\Client\casclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [180ClientStubInstall] "C:\temp\stubinstaller6480.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ofzr] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\ofzr\ofzrm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 3] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [services32] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows\mc-110-12-0000079.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Broadband Check-Up.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL\Broadband CheckUp\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\JetCar.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\JetCar.exe
O9 - Extra button: Money Viewer - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.freeserve.co.uk
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zon...ry/msgrchkr.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....204&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zon...er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aolsvc....kup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {665585FD-2068-4C5E-A6D3-53AC3270ECD4} (FileSharingCtrl Class) - http://appdirectory....sharingctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {E154E3CC-0C3A-4101-91D8-6B4876F0FD64} (PrintScreen Class) - http://www.myemo.com...Flash2Image.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zon...ireShowdown.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D95F3B9B-9E93-43AA-A22E-A092CEDEA644}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner - c:\windows\SvcProc.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe