Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Media Player 10

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey can you please tell me why my Medai Player is showing this twice for:

All Music
All TV
All Video
Other Media
My Playlists
Auto Playlts
Now playing.
All Music
All TV
All Video
Other Media
My Playlists
Auto Playlts
Now playing

I have noticed that if i click in library options and then click on show list, I have it as normal and jsut showing:

All Music
All TV
All Video
Other Media
My Playlists
Auto Playlts
Now playing.

Once.

Then if I dont have show list tickted I get it like this:

All Music
All TV
All Video
Other Media
My Playlists
Auto Playlts
Now playing.
All Music
All TV
All Video
Other Media
My Playlists
Auto Playlts
Now playing

This should not be happing at all. How can I get it to not to that?

I wonna know why this coul dbe happing as well

Edited by Tony_1983, 23 July 2005 - 10:07 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Back up your music files to be safe. Uninstall the player and re-install it and see if that will cure the double listing. Seems a few quirks show up every once in awhile. Especially if you have downloaded and installed addition skins and plugins.

You can do a search of hard drive to ensure you got all the installed files although Windows has always been sloppy about leaving behind DLLs and other files after using un-install utility. Might even use a registry cleaner (backup registry before using) to get any registry keys left over from WMP 10. Then do a clean re-install. I would not use the same install program if you happened to have save it on your HD, but get a fresh copy.

Ron

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
I have done a re-install and it still happens.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Use the find function and you'll discover that you have more than one version of WMP in your computer, plus, depending on your system, you may have obsolete versions in the updates section. This is because WMP evolved from earlier versions and keeps them on hand for the parts.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
I did a search on WMP, I found wmpfolders in this location:

c:\Documents and Settings\<user ID>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

This one I saw as well that I not sure about:

wa2wmp.PNF

Located in:

C:\Windows\inf

And this one is in a folder twice:

wmpasf.dll

Location: C:\Windows\RegisteredPackages\{DD90D410-1823-43EB-9A16-A2331BF08799}

C:\Windows\RegisteredPackages\{DD90D410-1823-43EB-9A16-A2331BF08799}-$BACKUP$\System

Edited by Tony_1983, 23 July 2005 - 07:39 PM.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Is there anything other that I should be looking for?

Cause I only have windows Media Player 10 onmy computer.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Another thing that I have remembered, it only started since saturday or sunday.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
I have done a roll bacl, and downloaded the newer version of MP10 and installed it and I still have the problem.

Tyger when you said that:

Tyger Posted Yesterday, 01:16 PM

Use the find function and you'll discover that you have more than one version of WMP in your computer, plus, depending on your system, you may have obsolete versions in the updates section. This is because WMP evolved from earlier versions and keeps them on hand for the parts.

when I did a roll back, I did see version 9. But the question that I now have is why has this problem only started over the weekend?

How can I completely remove windows media player 9 off my computer and only have 10?

I have compelety removed WIndows Messenger ages ago though.

Could Removing something in the registry could have done this? :tazz: