Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I think the name is a bit to trendy, don't like it at all.

I was woudering wath would happen if you install a 64bit operating system on 32bit hardware?

Advertisements

rekar

rekar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, im Running Windows Vista And It Runs Fine, Maybe Ur (edited for language) i can run quite a few programs, some which arent yet supported...and some dont install on Vista becuase the [bleep] Progs Run a [bleep] OS check, But i still like it better

Edited by coachwife6, 01 August 2005 - 03:28 AM.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

Anyone know the system requirements?
So far only thing I can really find is regarding the graphics card requirements.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Windows_Vista

View Post

http://www.microsoft...deployment.mspx

Common hardware guidelines

Windows Vista runs on a majority of modern computers that can run Windows XP, carry the “Designed for Windows XP” logo, have a mainstream processor from Intel or AMD, and have 512 MB of RAM.

Windows Vista provides the best possible user experience allowed by the graphics capabilities of each computer. In particular, Windows Vista takes advantage of many PCs with high-end graphics cards. As graphics support is still being finalized, customers who plan to purchase new PCs should consider specifying graphics cards that are more easily upgraded, such as those with AGP or PCI Express interfaces.

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
good news finally said it "VISTA" hmmmmmmmm different name but .. it took time to settle down as xp took 4 years :tazz:

gilsmethod

gilsmethod

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
it seems that this is the only place I can post on vista...have any of you guys tried using Vista on Virtual PC 2004? If so have you run into display problems (i Can only display 800*600 4 bit? anyways just wanted to pick someones brain...let me know if you find something....otherwise Im gonna have to dual boot

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I had the same problem with the previous beta.

It helped to set it to high color 16-bit at the time.
Haven't received my new version yet. :tazz:

gilsmethod

gilsmethod

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
the drivers that were set with vista on virtual pc only allowed me to go up to 4 bit...but anyways I found a post on the virtual pc blog that the guy incharge of the program found the same problem, he had reported it on the 2nd of august...oh well...i think he's working on it, in the mean time I couldn't wait so I installed it on one of my old pc's...nice!

plapello

plapello

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello friends. if anyone wants some info on Vista I came across this.

http://www.cnn.com/2...a.ap/index.html

fastandfuzzy

fastandfuzzy

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Is the name supposed to mean anything in particular?

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I dont think so?!

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When you look out a window what you see below you is a vista. So can you guess what the window is?

FusionFX

FusionFX

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
It looks nice n the names of it will never be any big issue. How it runs n what the advantages are is what i would like to know. So tired of buying the latest just to find out i don't really need it.

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
When Windows XP came out I wondered "Why XP" I then took it upon myself to name the next windows. In my mind it was going to be "Windows Horizon" so I guess Vista doesn't sound all that weird to me. :tazz:

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
When Windows XP came out I wondered "Why XP" I then took it upon myself to name the next windows. In my mind it was going to be "Windows Horizon" so I guess Vista doesn't sound all that weird to me. :tazz:

tudds

tudds

• Pip
  • 9 posts
id say that if theres poor support for 64,then dont bother yet,cos ive heard it hogs the system resources