Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vaio graphics card

• Please log in to reply

niallers

niallers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello, just bought my first computer so forgive my ignorance on graphics cards ok!
my laptop runs half life2 ok but with a small bit of slow down even on the lowest settings, but with far cry its weird, it will run the game but the ground dissappears, just blank space! what should i do? ive been looking at nvidia and ati's sites and am considering the geforce 6200 go or the radeon x800 xl. i dont even know if these will work with my laptop and the gys in the shop i bought it in are useless they dont know anything please help!

Advertisements

ecurb

ecurb

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
What kind of vaio do you have? I have a VGN-FS500P with the geforce 6200 go card installed through Sony. I am playing Matrix, Battlefield 2 online HOWEVER I am having trouble installing updated drivers!

niallers

niallers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ive got a vaio vgn fs115e, doesnt have the nvidia card its a fairly basic bottom of the range machine.