Let's see if we can use other means.
Copy and paste the purple text to an empty file in Notepad.
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\WINTRUST\TRUST PROVIDERS\SOFTWARE PUBLISHING\TRUST DATABASE\0\PPCIMDNNNJBEAHEPFABJIPFGINLOEDKG EGCKAK]
Save the file:
name : panda.reg
location : desktop
type : all types
Doubleclick panda.reg on your desktop.
Use Windows Explorer to remove this folder (if present):
Close Windows Explorer when you are done.
, update it. Then open the program and click ‘fix’.
Please download ewido security suite
it is a trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
- The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following.
Reboot to safe mode.
Open Ewido again.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.**(Ewido for example has been flagging parts of AVG Anti-Virus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk")
Reboot back to normal mode.
How are things now?EDIT:
As there has been no reply from the original poster for more than two weeks this topic is now closed.
If you are the original poster and still need assistance, please send me a PM.
Edited by g2i2r4, 28 August 2005 - 02:00 PM.