Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removed Trojan, Now what? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mstea69

mstea69

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You guys are the best! :tazz: I just followed the simple instructions (the things to do before posting a log) and it was fixed! I didn't have to post a log! My only problem is, now that I have all these programs, which do I keep and which do I uninstall? Any advice would be much appreciated! These are the programs I have:

Ewido
Shredder
Spyware Dr.
Spybot
Hijack
Cleanup
Ad aware
AVG
Etrust EZ Armor-EZ Firewall
Etrust Pest Patrol

Thanks,
Tea

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi mstea69 and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

Please post a fresh Hijack log, in this thread, so I can help you with your Malware Problems.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

:tazz:

Excal

mstea69

mstea69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for getting back to me. This is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:26:10 PM, on 7/23/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\swdoctor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXBRKsk] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegSvr32] C:\WINDOWS\System32\msmsgs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intel32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\intel32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\swdoctor.exe /Q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mid: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O12 - Plugin for .xml: C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape Browser\PLUGINS\npTrident.dll
O16 - DPF: {B160422D-0A48-11D4-BD9B-00A0C9B0AB7B} (Download Class) - http://expressit.bro...in/Download.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.game...aploader_v6.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

I had the Trojan Spy smitfraud, but I have gotten rid of it thanks to following the instructions for what to do before posting a log. As I said in the first message, I just don't know what to keep and what to toss.

Thanks Again,
Tea :tazz:

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Tea,

The very first thing you need is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection.
Click here
You still have Malware on your computer. I will be glad to help you as soon as you get that update taken care of. ;)

You should only have 1 antivirus program going at one time. As far as spyware detectors, you can have has many as you want, just run them in succession and keep them updated. You can certainly get rid of CSShredder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Excal

mstea69

mstea69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Great, another problem. :tazz: Unable to download SP 1. Guessing because I had computer wiped out by a friend who installed XP instead of my original Millenium. Now the download won't be allowed because I have an invalid key? Love the technology, hate the hassle! The browser I use is Netscape 8.0. Any further suggestions?

Thanks,
Tea

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Tea,

I am sorry but there is no way I can help you unless you have a valid windows Key.
You do still have malware on your computer so make sure you get that taken care of.

sorry,

Excal

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.