Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't boot up!

• Please log in to reply

Eliz1220

Eliz1220

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi~
I have a Presario 2195us notebook that is 18 months old. At 9 months the hard drive went out and hp installed a new one under warrenty. Recently I tried to boot up and after the red compaq logo I got the following error:

a black screen with white writing that says:

Initializing MBA.

Then that disappears and I get:

Argon PXE Boot Argon v2.01 (BIOS Included)
© copyright 2002 Argon Tech Corp.
© copyright 2000 3com Corp
All Rights Reserved

Pre-boot execution Environment PEX
© copyright 1999 Intel Corp
All Rights Reserved

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cables

Then this disappears and it says:

Operating system not found

It will stay like this for a few minutes and then automatically shut down.

I got hp to send me a new hard drive even though I was a few weeks out of warrenty, and after installing it today I got exactly the same error - no change at all! I've tried to do a system restore on both the old and new hard drives but the computer automatically ejects the CD and shuts down the computer as soon as I push the final button to start the process. I'm kind of a computer novice, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

It appears your BIOS is set to boot from a networked drive rather than the cd-rom or the hdd..

Suggest you boot into BIOS and make sure the first boot device is set to your cd-rom and the second boot device set to your hard-drive..

Now try it!!

Murray