Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOTMAIL LOG IN PROBLEM!

• Please log in to reply

polishemokid

polishemokid

• Pip
  • 6 posts
When i go to www.hotmail.com i get the login page, when i try and log into my account it times out i get the "page cannot be displayed check ur browser ie yadda yadda" BUT if i use another hotmail account it works fine, it only times on my account and i have tried this on many computers. and it does the same thing, i have tried messing with the hosts file i then restored that because nothing seems to fix it. my msn messenger logs in fine tells me i have email then the page will not load. but like i said its only timing out on my account. i cant email hotmail because their support line is only email based and i cant email lol... someone please help! :tazz:

Advertisements

schef042

schef042

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the EXACT same problem right now. I haven't been able to find anyone who can help me yet, but if i do i will let you know. I've also tried e-mailing MSN with my problem and they haven't gotten back to me yet. :tazz:

noclueatall

noclueatall

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm also having the exact same problem. Very frustrating! I hope someone has an answer as to why this is happening! :tazz:

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
no solution here guys...

just adding myself to the list of "suddenly my hotmail account doesnt work"...

i may as well log whats happened so far:

i cannot access my main hotmail account (for over 24hrs now). i typed in the username/password as normal, it went throught the process of loading page (usual text in address bar and padlock on status bar), then displays 'cannot load page' after about 30 seconds. i have 2 other hotmail accounts and they both work fine...

i have made no changes to software/hardware and have run full virus/hijack/spyware progs, all clear. all other internet pages load ok also. i have also tried another browser (firefox) without success

this also happens if i try another pc, i.e. my hotmail account is inaccessible, other hotmail accounts can be accessed. i have reported this via my other hotmail account and am awaiting a reply...

Edited by gandalftheking, 24 July 2005 - 05:25 AM.

nudda

nudda

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
no answers here either and am in the same boat but only with hotmail.CO.UK addresses not htomail.COM ones ... weird. Have emailed msn but they still havent got back to me yet ! ARghhhhhh

militaryspouse

militaryspouse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Add me to the list too. ;) I can access one hotmail account but not another. :tazz:

danielillo

danielillo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Same with me... I can not open my Hotmail account from different computers (OS X & Windows), but Hotmail works well with other accounts in those computers. Although I can see the new mails of this problematic account at MSN Messenger, but i can not open them: "failed to open the page"....

polishemokid

polishemokid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK!! i found a minor solution to this problem! its a complicated thing but it will get u into the box.

you will need fire fox or maxthon browser to do this because u need tabbed windows

step 1 create a new log in for hotmail

step 2 log into that email

step 3 open new tabbed window and go to hotmail.com

step 4 attempt to log into your account on the other window while you are loged into your second account still on the other window

step 5 you will get the error on the page that was your main log in

step 6 go to the window where you have your second log in in the main hotmail box and hit refresh

when it refreshes it takes me into my IN box. i hope this works for you. lemme know.

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi guys

i just got a reply from hotmail support, who has said that server maintenance is the reason for not being able to access my hotmail account. well this has been for 48hhrs now, so i've emailed back for clarification on this.

thats my update for now...

polishemokid: im going to wait a bit more until i try your solution. thanks.

Edited by gandalftheking, 25 July 2005 - 12:20 AM.

skzinn

skzinn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

Hey that double email trick worked! Thanks so much! I can't wait for them to actually fix the problem.

Advertisements

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
holy [bleep]!

yes, the double tab trick (i used firefox) works! how did you figure that out?? anyway, it'll be interesting to see what hotmail say (if anything) about it, and the general problem

just noticed though that there are old emails from ages ago that have re-appeared in my in box... the plot thickens....

Edited by gandalftheking, 25 July 2005 - 01:32 AM.

skzinn

skzinn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
You would figure that a company as large as they are would send out a friendly warning.

We should just forward a link of this web address to their customer service dept so they'll see it's not isolated.

Edited by skzinn, 25 July 2005 - 01:48 AM.

noclueatall

noclueatall

• Pip
  • 6 posts

hi guys

i just got a reply from hotmail support, who has said that server maintenance is the reason for not being able to access my hotmail account. well this has been for 48hhrs now, so i've emailed back for clarification on this.

thats my update for now...

polishemokid: im going to wait a bit more until i try your solution. thanks.

View Post

Thanks for giving us an update. I also received a reply from support and the rep told me that they:

"...have checked your hotmail.com Microsoft Passport Network account and found it to be in working order. Therefore, you may have just experienced a temporary connectivity issue during your previous sign-in attempt."

I highly doubt that this is the reason because it's now going on a week of me being unable to login to this particular account! ;) :tazz: What the heck is going on with Hotmail???

schef042

schef042

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey the double tab thing worked for me as well!! Thanks! :tazz:

revenge

revenge

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having the same problem, on to my 4th day of it now. Surely server maintenance doesn't take THAT long.
Glad I'm not alone though!