Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOTMAIL LOG IN PROBLEM!

• Please log in to reply

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
just to add guys

the double tab idea is great obviously - but in a way its made me more concerned as to why it doesnt work through good old internet explorer. i used the tab trick opportunity to email my contacts, tell about my new yahoo account, and asked them to email to both for now!

would like to keep this thread running until someone has a final resolution to the original issue though. if you are having an issue and you havent emailed (using another account or the tab trick obviously!) hotmail support about the original issue, please do so.

Edited by gandalftheking, 25 July 2005 - 09:00 AM.

Advertisements

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I'm having the same problem, on to my 4th day of it now. Surely server maintenance doesn't take THAT long. 
Glad I'm not alone though!

View Post

ultimately, using the tab trick to email your contacts then migrating to another free email service may have to be the way to go...

nudda

nudda

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
the 2nd account login trick works for me toooooooo -- thanks !!!!

jzsfreak

jzsfreak

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, I've been having the same problem as well. I can login to one account, but not the other. Thought I'd add my name to the tally.

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi everyone, I've been having the same problem as well.  I can login to one account, but not the other.  Thought I'd add my name to the tally.

View Post

please email hotmail support, and post response
thanks.

polishemokid

polishemokid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I know the tab trick isnt perfect, i myself have already switched to a new email server but if you need to get your contact list and let everyone know ur switching you gotta get in somehow.

its a shame that hotmail wont even make known this problem but just not do anything. i came across the tab trick durring a series of attempts to fix the problem i had my login on my other account going then i had a new tab i tried mine in. i went and hit refresh on the other page and it worked i was like oh my... i had first thought the problem was gone but it wasnt. this is only a temp solution, if you are paitent enough to use it go for it. i need email for work and i know that i had to go over to Gmail

best of luck all. the tab trick is posted up towards the top if anyone is looking to a temp way to fix this problem.

noclueatall

noclueatall

• Pip
  • 6 posts

OK!! i found a minor solution to this problem!  its a complicated thing but it will get u into the box.

you will need fire fox or maxthon browser to do this because u need tabbed windows

step 1 create a new log in for hotmail

step 2 log into that email

step 3 open new tabbed window and go to hotmail.com

step 4 attempt to log into your account on the other window while you are loged into your second account still on the other window

step 5 you will get the error on the page that was your main log in

step 6 go to the window where you have your second log in in the main hotmail box and hit refresh

when it refreshes it takes me into my IN box.  i hope this works for you.  lemme know.

View Post

polishemokid,

I'm utterly computer illiterate, so bear with me, but where can I get a firefox or maxthon browser? Is it downloadable somewhere for free? I'm also a bit confused about the tabbed windows but I'm guessing it'll make more sense to me once I get the browser. Thanks so much for any additional help!

Edited by noclueatall, 25 July 2005 - 09:33 AM.

polishemokid

polishemokid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes, go to www.firefox.com or www.maxthon.com they are both free. tabbed windows means more than 1 page in the same display window.

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
after a temporary " server upgrade apology" message appeared on the hotmail login earlier this evening, my problem account now seems to be back to normal!

noclueatall

noclueatall

• Pip
  • 6 posts

after a temporary " server upgrade apology" message appeared on the hotmail login earlier this evening, my problem account now seems to be back to normal!

View Post

Good to hear! Mine is still down and I don't have time to try polishemokid's tabbed window technique yet. :tazz:

Advertisements

nudda

nudda

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
last visit to the site for now ... just to update you all. polishmokids tabbed technique worked for me. And now my hotmail account is functioning as normal ! :tazz::D:D

Nadya

Nadya

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i had the same problem, but also used firefox, but my msn doesnt work still, and I NEED HELP! haha...it wont sign me in, and if i try to dowload it again it doesnt let me.....

Mondial

Mondial

• Pip
  • 1 posts
got the same prob.
msn works tho

thanks for the fire fox thing.

i was sooo pissed off today, wanted to stab someone

(deleted) hotmail

im moving to gmail - if anyone needs a gmail invite sent to them, let me know

Edited by coachwife6, 30 July 2005 - 07:19 AM.

jyp

jyp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! i know it's been a couple of days since this topic opened, but for the past 3 days i hvnt been able to get into hotmail either.

except the message that i get is....

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

does anyone know if there's something that i can do to fix the problem or do i just have to wait?

noclueatall

noclueatall

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I think you should just wait it out. My hotmail was inaccessible for a week with the same symptoms you are describing and it eventually was up and running again.