Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mozilla Firefox versus Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Yeah.

Edited by ratmilk, 26 July 2005 - 11:57 PM.

Advertisements

DragonflyLilly

DragonflyLilly

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

I use linux. I hate microsoft because they steal ideas, Linux was the first 64Bit OS, and microsoft claim they were. Microsoft also claim that they first made a GUI OS, however, all lies. Linux was there way before microsoft even came together.

View Post

Microsoft never claimed they made the first GUI.. that's one thing I learned from tech class. It's interesting you posted this because my mom and I were recently discussing the pros and cons of windows operating systems. Personally I am not a huge fan of microsoft OS... but because that's what I've been trained my entire computer life to use.. that's what I feel comforatable with. I've recently been looking into other OS... do you perhaps have some link suggestions on where I can read about other OS?

As far as the main topic of this post... I prefer IE to view sites I Design, because as a PP stated, a majority of sites are coded for IE. However, I use FF for everything else because I Feel it's safer. Just my 2 cents. :tazz: Great opinans though everyone! Love reading them.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Linux is really good, like ultra good, it was made before windows. Its open-source, there are many distros, The most friendly one would be: Fedora Core 3. It is different to windows, there are almost no viruses, and no spyware that works with linux.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

Linux is really good, like ultra good, it was made before windows. Its open-source, there are many distros, The most friendly one would be: Fedora Core 3. It is different to windows, there are almost no viruses, and no spyware that works with linux.

View Post

I do not even know how to respond to this....

Linux was not made before windows....linux was developed my Linus Torvalds in 1991 and if you like Fedora, you wouldn't even recognize it's non-gui root. Windows 1.0 was released in 1985. Windows 2 came out in Fall of 1987, Windows 3 came out in 1990....Windows 3.11 came out in April 1992. DOS foes all the way back, arguably, to 1973

Fedora Core is not the most friendly; arguably due to its rapid development cycle and cutting edge tech, it is less friendly and less stable then other more friendly distros like Mandriva (formerly mandrake), gentoo and ubuntu.

The reason there are FEW viruses (there are some) and malware is because the user base is so small it hasn't seemed worthwhile for people to attack it.

If you don't like MS products, that's cool, but get your story straight.

in_texas_dallas

in_texas_dallas

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, here is some links for Firefox vs Internet Explorer

This is user statistics.. % of people that use which browsers going back a few years
Also, the last half of this page has OS platform statistics..
http://www.w3schools...wsers_stats.asp

ENJOY!!!

in_texas_dallas

in_texas_dallas

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
here are some more statistics..

http://www.radok.com...statistics.html
http://www.upsdell.c...erNews/stat.htm

just a note: These are statistics. A population sample has to be considered. Plus, statistics aren't necessarily the end-all.

More of just a trend.. I think the trend is fairly obvious.