Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want advice re: new laptop and internet

• Please log in to reply

witchymand

witchymand

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI,
can anyone give me some advice.
I am seriously thinking of getting the Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop but just wanted to know a few things.
1. Am I better off getting Dell to add on the microsoft word package or should I try and get a disk off someone and add it on myself?
2. I have a home pc at the moment which is connected to broadband for my internet, would I be able to get the internet on the laptop easily enough or would I have to switch my current broadband package to a wireless broadband package?
Thanks for advice in advance

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hello,

It seems like everything is in order. Your broadband package will do the trick I believe.

Getting Microsoft Office or a different program is entirely your own choice. Most people use the default MS Word, Excel etc though.

:tazz:

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Using your current broadband connection is the way to go, although having a notebook you will most likely want to go wireless with it to the broadband modem though. Cheaply done, by yourself from 75 to 150 $.

If you want a good office program drop the micrcrap err I mean microsoft office and instead use the Open Office software that can be downloaded and used freely and is totally compatible with any MS Office utility, It will even save documents in MS Formats.

Im all about saving money and for me thats the way to go.