Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cables from case to mothertboard

• Please log in to reply

Asylum

Asylum

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok, this is officialy my first question. I am building a system for someone and the case I have for the motherboard has three cables I am not sure where to plug in at.
Power SW
Reset SW
and Power LED
Even a clue would help at this point.
Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Those would be the LED light cables. There should be a patch of metal sticks things to connect them to. Depending on the mobo, it might even have it labeled. They aren't necessary though. If you have too much trouble you can just skip plugging them in.

This might help you:

http://www.hardwarez...index.php?pg=20

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Asylum, Welcome to G2G!

First things first...what MoBo are we talking about? A few specs would sure be handy. Do you have the documentation that came with the MoBo? The connections you are talking about are part of the front panel connector which should be located near the bottom right as you look at the board and will be a double row of pins. Each pin is labled on the board (or usually that is the case...hope your eyes are good) and each wire should also be labled...usually on the square "plug" on the end. Be sure to connect + to + and - to - if they are so labled.

When all else fails, follow the directions that came with the MoBo. If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask...that's why we are here.

wannabe1

Asylum

Asylum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No I had no documents or instructions with the mobo and I seen the pin set your refering to but was not sure how or what to plug into what. The motherboard was labeled but nothing seemed to add up(of coarse my eyesight is horrible) either way the link in the post before gave me what I needed to play around with it.
Thanks for the welcome and the help, I am so loving this site. God willing I will be able to pass along some of this to someone else one day.

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
The post before Wannabe1's is incorrect. Only one of three referenced is to an LED, the other two are power and reset and incidently, do not require +/- orientation. Get a magnifying glass if you need one. Absent a connected Power switch (momentary contact), you have no way to turn your computer on or off except with a screwdriver to bridge the power pins.

:tazz:

Edited by Rockster2U, 24 July 2005 - 01:43 AM.