Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

d3d?

• Please log in to reply

h3llpas0

h3llpas0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi. i desperately need help. i was a frequent Ragnarok plaer for many months, then stopped for a while. i switched servers with my friends and they can all get on except me. i bet my balls its not a game problem or a system requirement problem, because it worked fine for a while. The only possibilities i know of are 1) i switched graphics cards and 2) i ran a program that deleted spyware.
when i try and run the game the window opens but nothing appears except an error message "Cannot init d2d OR grf file has problem." i did some research and found out d3d is DirectX 3D. i also downloaded directX 9 and a directX3d thing as well as updated all drivers for the new graphics card, S3 ViRge GX/DX.

HELP!

josh

PS: aim sn= hellpas0

Edited by h3llpas0, 23 July 2005 - 09:17 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
no idea what raganark is, but found this

You seem to have a problem with your computer graphics

Please consider these following steps in order to fix this error problem.

1. Make sure you have the latest graphic drivers installed and are properly working. Some of the common graphics drivers are here

2. Make sure you have a current version of directX. You can find the latest directX here

3. Try changing the game resolution to 640x480 full screen. If this resolution works, you may begin adjust up from here on. In order to do this go to your Client installation directory, by default it is C:\Program Files\Gravity\RagnarokOnline and run the Client Setup.