Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3.5 floppy help

• Please log in to reply

atme

atme

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My floppy drive is 5.25 on my new computer. All my backed up files are on 3.5 floppy. How can I change the floppy drive from 5.25 down to 3.5? <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

My floppy drive is 5.25 on my new computer.

Are you sure? It's a new computer? Are you maybe confusing 5.25 with a CDROM drive?

You'll need to install both a 5.25 and 3.5 drive in the same system. The disk copy the 5.25 to the 3.5.

atme

atme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
<_<
how do i do that?
ps
new to me computer.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
im still wondering the same question admin has if you are taking about the floppy drive...the floppy drive might be 5.25 but comes with a face plate for a 3.5

BrokenJester

BrokenJester

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My floppy drive is 5.25 on my new computer. All my backed up files are on 3.5 floppy. How can I change the floppy drive from 5.25 down to 3.5? :tazz:

View Post

I have this exact same dang problem! ;) ;) Mine's a Windows 98, and somehow my 3½" Floppy got changed to 5Ό" Floppy. Now, it won't open and even if I right click the option it freezes me completely. Like atme, my files were all saved on the 3½" Floppy disks and, now that it's changed somehow, I can't get anything to send to them or open anything on them. There's a load of things on there that I NEED and/or spent a lot of time on but can't USE now! I noticed a reply to that quote previously had said something about installing both on the system, but I don't know how to do that nor do I have disks or CD-like things to install with; even if I did have the CD-like one, though, I couldn't use it; the CD-ROM on my computer won't work because the computer says that it's not uploaded onto the computer, but we don't have a disk to fix that either.
Normally, I'd save myself the whole dang trouble and chuck the friggin' thing out the window then get another, but I can't AFFORD another right now; the one I'm using now is at LEAST 5 - 6 years old as it is and, aside from the above ranting on aforementioned problems, it works really well.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Boot into BIOS and set your floppy in there..

BTW.. It also works better if you start your own thread.. Quiote often, year old threads will be overlooked!!

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 23 July 2005 - 10:32 PM.