Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply

edd542

edd542

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i want to desing a game but im clueless :tazz: . i dont really know where to start, i dont know how to do anything but i got the idea in my head of what the game is going to be like. its going to be and online multiplayer game like runscape or starwars galaxies. someone with game skills and experiance please help me!!!!!!!! ;)

Advertisements

edd542

edd542

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
actually i need a team someone who can do sounds, etc
anyone please help

edd542

edd542

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
.........................geeks nah dont seem like it
fine someone at least tell me where to start off making a game
programing or whatever
plz help :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
dude you are talking about a very very large subject. There is not "game design for dummies". Are you trying to make a simple shockwave game for a first person shooter. .

Why don't you spend some time figuring out what it is you want to do. concept, storyline ect. thats where you start at.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah games design is very hard to do.You look at mod communities and a single ok mod can have up to 100 people working on it and they still take forever to do and the hard bits are allready done for them by the game designers.

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
A good way to start off is to create mods for games you have via MDKs. Example: Create custom maps.