Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Not Reading CD DRIVES

• Please log in to reply

ThaKapricorn

ThaKapricorn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Hello,

I need a little help because my computer(HP PAVILLION) all of a sudden stopped reading both my dvd-rom and cdrw drives...all of a sudden they just dissapeared...instead of having the d and e drives there are only A and C (floppy and harddrive)

when i look at the devices by going thru the control panel... they say this:
HP CD-writer cd16e

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

and the DVD Drive
Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-116

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

I tried doing the trouble shooting and all that jazz...nothing helped...I really REALLY need help..

Edited by ThaKapricorn, 23 July 2005 - 11:38 PM.

Advertisements

PClearner

PClearner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, im not sure if this is correct but it might work

You will have to take the side pnnel off of your PC.

You should see two CD drives.

In the back of each CD drive check that there is a Big flat Data cable and a small thin Power cable. (if the drive opens and closes the power cable is in)

Check this and if you do not know how to put them in reply and ill will try and talk
you through...

Good Luck

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
You might want to try this patch:

http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=15