Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CANNOT DIAL UP, DONE SEVERAL THINGS NO LUCK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

computer_idiot

computer_idiot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Gerry,
I don't understand. If I download something, where is it I need to get it from??
Please explain.
Thanks a billion

Advertisements

computer_idiot

computer_idiot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Bump

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
NewDotNet hijacks your Internet and I see a NewDotNet file found by Ewido.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and see if the following is present:

New.net (anything that says New.Net - it may say New.Net Domains or something similar).

Don't remove it yet, if it is there.

Let me know.

computer_idiot

computer_idiot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hi,
Peterm was helping me and he had me go into something and I cannot remember what it was, but it was there and we removed it, it always came up on System Configure Utility and so he went deeper and found it.
Thanks

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I have no idea what peterm instructed you to do, but I need to know exactly what it was.

computer_idiot

computer_idiot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I will try my best to explain it. It is were you go to the registry keys, there are a bunch of folders on the left hand side. He had me click on I think documents and progams and regedit is in there and that is where we found the newdot.
Does that help any?
I will email him and ask him though.
Thanks

computer_idiot

computer_idiot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hi Bannafanafo,
I figured it out.
He had me to right click on the c drive, click explore. Went to windows clicked on the folder which opened a lot more folders on the right hand side. That is were we found NDN3_68 (I believe that is how it was), we removed and it is no longer in the msconfig.
Does that help??...lol, I am lost when it comes to the fine detail of how computers run..lol
Thanks again

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

I have no idea what peterm instructed you to do, but I need to know exactly what it was.

View Post

Hi Bananafanafo
used procedure 3 from the newnet site
Remove newnet
Not via the registry

Edited by peterm, 27 July 2005 - 10:50 PM.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
We can no longer provide assistance due to an illegitimate copy of Windows. If a legal copy is obtained we would be happy to help. This topic is now closed.