Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AGP 4X

• Please log in to reply

sambo135

sambo135

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi
I am planing to buy a new graphics card, mayba GF 6200 or a FX5700, but i relised my mobo only supports AGP4X and all the cards are AGP8X.
i was just wondering how much will AGP4x slow down the vidoe card. and Is it really worth upgrading my card?
I have a
P4 2.0Ghz, 512mb, 160Gb HD, and currently GF2 MX 400 64mbs.
Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
4X < 8X by about 2-3% on average. You'd never notice the difference in gameplay, but it may be detected by benchmarks.

ThunderT

ThunderT

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Just to check, what do you want the new video card for? There are lots of 'value' priced video cards out there like the ones you are looking at, but real tried-and-true formerly mainstream & top-end cards that are really dropping in price too.

I would say, instead of looking at that range, go one step higher and look into the Radeon 9600 or 9800 (best from one generation ago), or look at the Geforce 6600. Either of these two lines of cards will offer a better upgrade than the options you are considering.