Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page can't be displayed

• Please log in to reply

lightyears79

lightyears79

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

Look I have been trying now for 2 days to get into a website that I have never had problems with geting into before.

the website is www.gaydar.com.au ..it's not [bleep]..it's a personnels site for gay men.

The page that i am trying to access is the login page. When I try to access this page i get
"The page cannot be displayed..." "..Cannot find server or DNS Error.." I have 2 computers at home. Both broadband. One cable connected, the other wireless. This problem occurs only on these computers as other ones outside of home; i.e. at work etc are able to get me to the login page hassle-free. This suggests my ISP has done something to our computers??

The "the page cannot be displayed" page does tell me to try a few things to eliminate this issue..but everything seems fine in the internet options area.

No viruses, spy nor ad ware has been detected.

I have no idea what's happening!! Help me please!!!

Cheers
lightyears

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Well, it could be that the website is temporarily unavailable or doesn't exist anymore.

I had this trouble with a website too once, and it worked again after a week or so. What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? If so, check out this internet explorer fix. Internet Explorer Fix

This might fix your problem. :tazz:

lightyears79

lightyears79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for your reply..

the site isn't temporarly unavailable because it can be accessed from other computers (i.e. at work, at other people's houses) but not for the 2 that i have at home.

I will have a look at your site that you suggested..

is it possibile that my ISP has done this?

Cheers

lightyears79

lightyears79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i tried the internet explorer fix...but it's a no i'm afraid.