Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless internet with just a laptop

• Please log in to reply

Motters

Motters

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I'm very new to this but I have broadband and a laptop with wireless onboard so I wanted to go completely wireless.

I picked out a wireless broadband router, but so far I haven't a clue how to set it up.

The manual only talks of connecting more than one computer so at least one is wired to the router.

How do I set it up so I can have the router plugged into the broadband line but the laptop elsewhere in the house ?

I'm running on XP and have a Belkin wireless G broadband router.

Thanks in advance.

P.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It does tell you cause i just got one this week. In the wireless lan settings section on the router you set it up for woreless internet.

Motters

Motters

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Maybe I've missed this then as all my internet options for connecting for the internet only allow the dialup option !