Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search bar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Blaze88

Blaze88

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey guys theres a global search bar on my IE 6 beside the address, i was wondering if i can i get rid of it?

Blaze :tazz:

Edited by Blaze88, 24 July 2005 - 04:25 AM.

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
what is the name of the search bar? if it is any of these names it MUST be removed as these are malware:

CoolWebSearch
CoolWWWSearch
MyWebSearch
QuickSearch

Blaze88

Blaze88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
It's called Myglobalsearch is this bad?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Murray

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
that is a malware file. check the post by Murray S.

Blaze88

Blaze88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
So i should post my Hijackthis log... right?

Blaze88

Blaze88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Along time ago i posted my Hijackthis log in the Malware forum and after checking my log they said they can't do nothing.

Blaze88

Blaze88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Is there any other way to remove Malware?

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Blaze88,

Please avoid spamming !!!!

You were given specific instructions to upgrade your copy of Windows before we help you.

It would be very futile on our part to help you clean up your PC, if you are going to come back time and again because the security on your is not proper.

Edit : --- Here is the link to your original post

Edited by tampabelle, 25 July 2005 - 02:09 PM.

Blaze88

Blaze88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry i am very new to the pc staff i am sorry if i am doing anything wrong, anyway just want to say how can i upgrade my Windows XP Pro?

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Please note that just because we do not charge you for cleaning up your PC doesnt mean that we are not serious about the work we do !!!!

We can only help you in terms of identifying the problems, locating the tools and means of fixing the infections and detailed instructions on how to go about fixing your problems. Ultimately you have to do it yourself.

In case you want me to reopen your topic to clean up your PC, send a personal message to me.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Download and install SP2 from the following link..

CLICK ON THIS

Murray

Update: If all you need is SP1, then the original link provided by tampabelle and myself won't work.. You need THIS ONE (Click)

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 25 July 2005 - 06:44 PM.

Blaze88

Blaze88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thank you do I need to download SP1a?

I get a error message saying Product Key Not Valid

Edited by Blaze88, 26 July 2005 - 02:40 AM.

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Blaze88,

As I said earlier, it appears that the Widnows XP software you have installed on your PC is not a legitimate copy !!! Unfortunately, we are unable to help you any further on this site, as we have a strict policy we adhere to in only helping people who have legitmate copies of Windows.

If you have purchased your PC with the Widnows Software pre-installed, then please contact the vendor for getting appropriate help.

Thank you for understanding.