Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Help

• Please log in to reply

PClearner

PClearner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: !!!

i went on to the directX diagnosis tool, then display. It tells me that my main driver is vga.dll ;) I have currently formatted my hard drive because of loads of rubbish on my pc, i then re-installed windows XP. Before i rebooted i had S3 Savage 2000 and the main driver was called S3sav2k.dll...

Does anybody know how i can update my graphics card, or get it back to S3 Savage 2000???

Iis stopping me playing games!!! lol ;)

Thanks alot

Ross Murray

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
install the drivers form your graphics card driver CD. Or better yet, go online to the manufactureres website and download the latest drivers for your card.

The vga.dll is simply the default display drivers that windows comes with so you that your card will at least show somthing, allowing you to setup windows and all that jazz. Like I said before, if you want your card to work to its full potential, then download the latest drivers from the compasny's web site.

--Chris