Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PASSWORD RETRIEVAL

• Please log in to reply

firefiter

firefiter

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a colleague that I am trying to help. They are trying to retrieve a lost password for their mail client (cc mail). IS this possiblbe?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
usually, a mail client will have the option to retreive a password if it's lost. Try searching around the website (mail client website) for a link to retreive a lost password.

firefiter

firefiter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you for that info.

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
no problem. but that's the only way of retreiving a lost password. a good hint to remember passwords is to write it down and keep it i a safe place OR you can let windows remember the password as it is typed in.

:tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
As long as the person knows the email address, the password should be able to be retrieved to that address. However, if the person can't access the email account, a (gasp) telephone call might be needed, with the bill and account numbers in hand.

I keep a text file with passwords, and add to it, as needed. Now and then, I print it. Then I misplace it. Works like a charm.

Johanna