Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Code in Firefox

• Please log in to reply

dklibrarian

dklibrarian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I attempt to enter an encrypted site (bank accounts, etc.) in Firefox I get a Error Code -8075 message. Access to the same sites via IE works just fine. I did some tinkering w/ FF's security settings some time ago when trying to install remote access to a database, after which the error messages started popping up. I deinstalled FF and then reinstalled it, but am still getting the same message. -- What does it mean? and is there a way to fix it that a non-techie can understand?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It's possible when you uninstalled it, some FF folders remained, so when you re-installed FF it just used your old settings in one of those folders

Uninstall it again, but this time check these two places for the presence
of FF folders after uninstall, and delete them.

C:\Program Files\Firefox

and

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Account Name]\Application Data\Firefox

(you'll have to enable viewing of 'hidden files and folders' to see the second location)

It may also be a good idea to search the Registry for all instances of Firefox and delete any firefox keys and values.

Now re-install Firefox.

If the problem persists, the Firefox development team run their own forum
exclusively for FF users.

Edited by pip22, 24 July 2005 - 11:31 AM.