Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

waste of money

• Please log in to reply

prws1975

prws1975

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently bought a PNY systems version of this card from the USA and am using it in England. I replaced my FX 5600 with it because i bought a 19" screen and tried to play games in 1280x1024 res with it, and the 5600 couldnt handle it. Anyway, the 5900 ultra is far quicker, sharper and more detailed than the 5600, but i have this very annoying flicker on my screen when ever i am playing a game and i move around quickly. i have tried all of the following to no avail when trying to solve this issue. Different refresh rates have the same problem, i have installed latest chipset drivers for the motherboard, drivers for the card itself and the detonator drivers, all with my firewall turned off. I am not in interlaced mode, it is not the monitor because i have tried it with my projector as well. it is the same whatever resolution and graphics details i put on the games i'm playing, and i have 512mb ddr ram, a 1.5ghz processor. i didnt have the flicker problem with the old card. The only other thing i can think is that my computer somehow doesnt like the 450mhz core clock speed, but i cannot see how i can turn it down. Either my card is faulty, i am missing something, or these particular cards are just shite. does anyone have any advise for me ?

Thanks
Paul Smith

:tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! Sounds like it's probably just a defective card.