Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c

• Please log in to reply

jeff88

jeff88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On a laptop, where the cd-rom is broke, but the floppy drive is working, Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c has infected the system causing it to crash explorer over and over on normal boot and safe-mode boot. just a continuous loop of bluescreen and explorer crash, so i cant run hijack this or anything. i cant run any anti-virus software either. i can however, get into dos, is it possible to delete any suspected files that way to stop this from happening. explorer crashes because of a problem in ole32.dll, and the bluescreen says IE has crashed due to Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c. i was vieiwing other post for deleting this virus, but all the tools they used were for windows so i couldnt use any. any suggestions/help would be great. thanks

by the way, its using windows 98.

Advertisements

jeff88

jeff88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
problem resolved by restoring registry in dos