Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Director runtime error

• Please log in to reply

ReginaHS

ReginaHS

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have an HP scanjet 3570c scanner on a Windows Xp (SP2) machine using HP Director. It works fine when I am in a computer administratos account but when signed in to a limited account I get a runtime error. I gave full control to the user in regedit but I still get the error. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
i have a scanner-printer-faxer all in one that uses HP Director too; sometimes the scanning/printing will time out depending on

if it's scanning, check the settings, sometimes i accidentally set the resolution too high and that'll kill the program b/c the file gets quite large

or sometimes there's too much stuff running in the backround - for some reason I find the HP software needs all the RAM it can get;

so make sure you don't have huge programs like Internet Explorer or Photoshop running in the backround

if this does/doesn't help, reply back

ReginaHS

ReginaHS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It is not a memory problem. It fails everytime, no matter what is running. It fails if I run it as soon as I sign in. And it only fails when running when signed on as a limited account.

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
i'm not too sure then anymore...

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
To: ReginaHS

I am also using the 3570c scanner on a Windows Xp (SP2) machine, it gives me that same error message even when I'm logged on my computer as an administrator...I cannot print from this computer to another computer on my network, that has a hp printer...i moved the scanner to another computer, but now I cant print to the printer that has the scanner and printer...it all happened after I intalled my scanner..is there a relation???

do you have a printer, and can you print from it??? is there anything similar??

ReginaHS

ReginaHS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
HP Director works fine when signed on as an administrator. It is only when signed on to a limited account that I get the runtime error. I have tried this on two different computers with the same result.

As for printers; I have no directly attached printers, I print through the network and printing works fine even with the scanner and software attached.