Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows - no disk

• Please log in to reply

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I'm getting frustrated. I keep getting a pop-up window thats says 'windows - do disk'. It happens in the middle of things that i've never needed a disk for and it won't let me get rid of the pop-up. I've scanned for viruses and there are none. I've scanned for adware and gotten rid of all that were found. The pop-up stops me from doing whatever I'm trying to do -- games on or off line and even print programs and word documents. Please help. I'm going bananas!!!!! :tazz: Thanks.

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
you may have serious malware on your system. if you suspect malware/viruses etc, a good start would be to go to this link.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Thanks for the info. After doing the free scan for infections, I was asked to buy the program so it could remove them. Well, that will have to wait till payday. Also, why didn't my McAfee and Xoft anti-spy stuff pick those infections up?

Thanks again, Betsy. :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

After doing the free scan for infections, I was asked to buy the program so it could remove them

You aren't required to buy any of the programs here to remove any infections. Please re-read the instructions, and/or post a topic in the malware removal forum.

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
ok, thanks
i must have misunderstood
the problem is solved now

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
The reason why your Mcafee did not pick it up is because McAfee is not a very good AV program. For what it's worth, I recommend AVG or AVAST. However, it's entirely your choice. If you like Mcafee, stick with it. I just won't recommend it. :tazz:

lashton

lashton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
McAffee is an OK AV program they all are except norton which in tests has proven the let viruses past

goofygrmom

goofygrmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
thanks for the info, my problem has been solved and i'm ok with keeping my mcafee.