Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cd burner won't burn any cd's

• Please log in to reply

2nyce

2nyce

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
when i try to burn a cd,my burner seems to have burn a cd but when i play it in a cd player or my car theres nothing on my cd even thoug it says burn was succesful i have a power dvd cdr drive :tazz:

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hi 2nyce,

When burning a music cd player for a car or stereo, you have to burn a music or audio cd (with music in wav format) as opposed to a normal computer data cd.

1) What program are you using to burn your cd's? Most have an option to create a "music/audio CD" (NOT a "data CD") where you can drag your music files and the program will automatically convert them to the right format. There is a nice free cd burning program that does a great job making audio cd's called "CDBurnerXPPro". You can check it out at: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

2) What happens if you put the burned cd in your computer drive? Are you able to see any files on the disc and if so, what sort of names do you see?

Hope that helps and post back if any questions or with the program name so we can help you with the right steps.

Cheers,
Tom

when i try to burn a cd,my burner seems to have burn a cd but when i play it in a cd player or my car theres nothing on my cd even thoug it says burn was succesful i have a power dvd cdr drive  :tazz:

View Post

2nyce

2nyce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
i/m using ares as my p2p program and using real player to burn cd's because it writes too i've notice other people having problems w/their cd burner too a month ago it work okay what could be the problem????

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Well, there are a couple of things to try and fix.

1) I would recommend trying that CDBurnerXP Pro I mentioned in my previous post for your future burning tasks. I am not a big fan of the RealPlayer software and can be more helpful if you are using CDBurnerXP Pro or other burning software like Nero.

2) Since you are using p2p file sharing, viruses and spy/ad/malware are viable reasons for your computer to not be working as it used to be. Couple of quick questions:
a) Are you running a software firewall?
b) Do you have up to date anti-virus software?
c) Do you have any programs for detecting and deleting spyware?
If no to any of those questions, that could be a source of infection for your computer. My freeware recommendations for those free programs are below:

Software firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall. I use this free firewall on all of my computers I have set up and have been very pleased with it. Easy to set up and has a robust set of features.

Anti-virus software: AVG Anti-virus - fantastic free anti-virus program with real-time protection, boot scanning and continuous updates!

Spyware removal: Spybot and Ad-aware are two key freeware tools.

I would try burning a music audio CD with CDBurnerXP Pro and let us know how it works.

Cheers,
Tom

i/m using ares as my p2p program and using real player to burn cd's because it writes too i've notice other people having problems w/their cd burner too a month ago it work okay what could be the problem????

View Post

2nyce

2nyce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
i have all the above and i've try the cd burnwerxpro but somehow i still can't listen to the cd i burn i think my computer is not reconizing my dvd/cd drive whats next

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
When you say you burn the CD, does it the program complete the burn fully and say that the burn was complete or successful? Are you able to listen to the CD or view the files on your computer if it doesn't play in a stereo or car player?

For your computer not recognizing your CD/DVD drive, can you see the drive in Windows Explorer and if you insert a disc in that drive, can you view the contents of that disc? If so, then your computer is recognizing the drive.

Let us know more about how you are burning the cd with CDBurnerXP Pro (since I can open it up and follow along) and if you are able to see the contents of the disc or listen to it on your computer. And as always, the more information you can give us in your posts the better/faster we can help.

Cheers,
Tom

i have all the above and i've try the cd burnwerxpro but somehow i still can't listen to the cd i burn i think my computer is not reconizing my dvd/cd drive whats next

View Post

2nyce

2nyce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
hi, thanks so far for your help. the program does complete the burn and says was succesful and i'm able to view files and also listen to the cd on the computer. however when i tried to play the cd in a cd player or my car i get nothing.how i'm using cd burner xp,i just click on a song from my file and click burn and by the way cd burner xp is pretty cool i continue to brainstorm and try to resolve this problem.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
ok, not every cd player (especially car decks) can read burned cd's. does your player play mp3 or anything like that?

2nyce

2nyce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
hi,before my problem i could burn a cd and played it in my car and a cd player with no problems

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
ok so what changed? did you start using different media? change software you recorded with? how long have you had your burner? it almost sounds like DRM is causing the issue. are you just burning the music as cd audio?

2nyce

2nyce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
i've made no changes since i bought my dvd cd burner 3 months ago i'm still using the same format when i burn a cd for audio only i've use real player and windows media as i stated early it will write but it won't burn

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
write and burn to me are the same thing.

nero has a utility for calibrating the laser. You could try that. more likely is that the burner may need a firmware update. also have you seen if the real software has any updates available?

is this with rhapsody? apparently there is a lot of issues with version 3 of rhapsody. going back to v2 seems to be what most of rhapsody users have done. It appears to be a bug when you go under tools and autherize your computer.

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

write and burn to me are the same thing. 

View Post

This is the same for me. Are you using CD-R media or CD-RW media for your audio CD's? Also, since you haven't changed any hardware, have you changed what brand of blank media you are using? Any other major downloads or application installs that you can think since it was last working?

If it weren't illegal, I would almost ask to get a hold of one of your mp3's and try to make an audio CD on my computer and see what happens. Do you, by chance, have any open source or royalty free mp3's that you are trying to burn to audio CD?

We are trying. It would be helpful if you could explain what you mean or are doing when you say "burn" vs "write".

Cheers,
Tom