Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aliens VS Predator

• Please log in to reply

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Anyone remember the old Aliens vs Predator game from way back? I used to love it, and found it in my local game store the other day.

The game loads up fine, but right after the load, it goes into normal controls of the character, but the load screen is displayed on top of the regular in-game screen so I can't see anything. If I open the menu, then the menu screen is displayed on top of the in game screen... I can hear the audio, fire my weapons and do everything, but I can only see the HUD on top of the menu or load screen.

Unfortunately, the game has very few video options for the time it was made, I can only change the resolution, which does nothing.

Specs are in the sig.

Thanks.

Advertisements

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
hey i recently bought aliens vd predator 2 with primal fear expansion pack. is this the one you bought? i dont know how old it is but its still brillaint!! fair puts the fear in me when im playing with the lights out!!!

Metalive

Metalive

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
No, I bought the very first AvP game.

http://www.gamespot....x.html?q=aliens

I've played AvP 2 and loved it as well. You really should check out the first one though. It's scarier than the 2nd IMO. It reminds me of the Alien movies, the first one was all about horror, while the 2nd was more of an action ride. The games are the same way.

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
avp2 is SO scary i seriously had to put it off last night, i couldnt play it any longer, im 21 as well!!!!!

FireBlade

FireBlade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I was wondering, are the AvP and AvP2 games compatible with windows XP? I have the chance to buy them from someone, but he lives an hour drive away, so it would be kinda stupid to drive all the way up there and back to find out they don't work.

Thx,

FireBlade

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
hey avp2 works on xp yeah thats what im playing it on. its a great game! why not just get him to post it to u instead of drivin away to get it?!

FireBlade

FireBlade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Because, even though I think it's stupid to drive up there for nothing, I don't mind doing it for a(ny) reason, it's a nice excuse for taking a spin my new motorbike :tazz:

Do you think AvP 1 is compatible with XP too? What about Half Life 1 + addons? I have read that there were people with XP that had some trouble with them, but I don't know if a) it's caused by XP or b) is there a way to fix it?

thx!

FireBlade

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
no idea ma man, all i know is avp2 works with xp so theres no point gettin avp or half life, avp2s amazin!!! still makes me so scared i need to put it off sometimes, an im a 21 yr old scotsman!!! lol

FireBlade

FireBlade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
The reason why I would like AvP is purely nostalgic. I had a really good time playing it, but I only finished the marine plot. So now I would like to finish the other two too. I had the game, but I lent it to someone about three years ago and forgot all about it. Now he says he hasn't got it anymore and I believe him, but I don't know what I did with it anymore. :tazz:

What are your fav games these days?

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
to be honest im into footie manager. i only got avp2 cos i loved the avp film so much!!!! ic ant wait for FEAR to come out tho, that games looks unreal!

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
ya w-e

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
whats that mean?

FireBlade

FireBlade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have some managers too. I've played CM01-02 for a long time and now I have FM2005, which is very good, but unfortunately veeeeeeeeeeeery slow on my machine. I also enjoy racing games, fps and rts.

Mostly older games, though... RA2, NFS-HP2, NFS U and many more...

What team do you play in your footie games?

grimsheeper

grimsheeper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi chaps, im new :tazz:

im also having problems getting this [bleep] game to work, it loads up fine, the menu is kinda meshed overlay on top of itself which is a bit odd, then when i start the game, all i get is my health bar and thats it, i sometimes get just the lights working in game, like i can see a big bright blurr but when i move it scolds the screen and after a few mins all i can see is white, its just poop as i loved this game i wana play it again!

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
seriously do whatever u can to get it workin its amazin!!

i usually go aberdeen in footie games cos thats my team, the mighty dons!