Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_stack_inpage_error

• Please log in to reply

wooza

wooza

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hi guys i didnt no where to post this so i did it here as it seemed the closest relevant secttion.

Im running an AMD athlon 3200 xp, radeon ATI 9600 pro, with 512mb of ram. The thing is i recently had to install a new heatsink as i was experiencing over heating when gaming. I was also gettin random crashes whilst gaming or using an application or software.

The screen would go blue and all i could make out were the words "kernel_stack_inpage_error" The screen was covered in all sorts of other white writing with instrctions and some numbers. Then the computer restarts itself, and im greeted with a message "windows has recovered from a serious probem" do u wish to notify microsoft. Having pressed no, everything seems to run as normal until i run an Ewido virus scan, or open windows media player, or play counter strike source. During the scan it will get just over half way then suddenly the kernel error comes.

Does any body have any suggestions of what has caused the error and how i can stop it happening? Ive read that it could be to do with bad RAM, bad hardware or malware, But im not entirely sure.

Liam

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Sorry wooza, but until you can prove you are running a valid copy of Windows as requested in THIS THREAD your support here is limited to nothing..

Murray