Launch Notepad, and copy/paste the box below into a new text file. Save it as fixme.reg (make sure that Save as Type is set at "All Files") on your Desktop. Ensure there is no space at above REGEDIT 4.
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\APP MANAGEMENT\ARPCACHE\INTERNET OPTIMIZER]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\MAIN\SEARCH BAR_BAK]
Locate fixme.reg on your Desktop and double-click on it. You will receive a prompt similar to: "Do you wish to merge the information into the registry?". Answer "Yes" and wait for a message to appear similar to "Merged Successfully".
Please remove the following folders using Windows Explorer (if present):
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PATRICK\FAVORITES\Get out of Debt!.url
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PATRICK\FAVORITES\Online Directory of Pure [bleep].url
C:\PROGRAM FILES\KAZAA LITE
Please download the Killbox.
Please run Killbox.
- Select "Delete on Reboot".
- Copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing Control-C:
C:\Program Files\KaZaA Lite\bdcore.dll
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\search3.dll
C:\PROGRAM FILES\KAZAA LITE\TopSearch.dll
- Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".
- Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "No" at the Pending Operations prompt.
- Please click this link to download Silent Runners.
- Save it to the desktop.
- Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
- You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done yet, just let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
- Once you receive the prompt "All Done!", double-click on the new text file on the desktop and copy that entire log and paste it here.
- NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.
For some time it will look like nothing is happening. Just keep waiting.
- Once it's done it will create a log. A window will come up telling you when it's saved. Please post that log here
Edited by Excal, 31 July 2005 - 09:05 PM.