Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hookdump trojan

• Please log in to reply

headfish

headfish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I believe I have a windows 2000 system infected with the hookdump trojan. I've run Spybot which finds and removes it but it keeps coming back. Norton is also running and not helping. Any thoughts? This is characterized by a red circle with a white x in the task bar that keeps proclaiming "Your Computer is Infected. To protect your computer from viruses you need to use antivirus software."

Advertisements

Scorpex

Scorpex

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Hi Headfish – Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Please download Hijack This
- this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan, save the log file, and post it in this topic.

I know you specifically mentioned hookdump, but it’s important that we see a HijackThis log so we know exactly what we’re dealing with.

4SG