Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply

SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
While ripping a CD yesterday I was unable to retrieve album information from the internet. The WMP error message reads: You must changeyour Privacy Settings in Tools, Options to update information about audio media you have selected. Simple enuf, but the 2 aplicable privacy tabs--"display info from the internet" and "Update music files by retrieving media info from the internet" are both disabled.

I've tried Microsoft's FAQ's but found nothing specific to help. Does anyone have a hopefully obvious solution? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Are they disabled or enabled, if they are disabled, enable them to get your info from the internet.

HTH woody

SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Woody, thanks for reply but when I said the Options were "disabled" I meant non-responsive. I can't enable or disable. I see where my word choice was misleading.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try uninstalling the reinstalling the program

SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
While ripping a CD yesterday I was unable to retrieve album information from the internet. The WMP error message reads: You must changeyour Privacy Settings in Tools, Options to update information about audio media you have selected. Simple enuf, but the 2 aplicable privacy tabs--"display info from the internet" and "Update music files by retrieving media info from the internet" are both disabled.

I've tried Microsoft's FAQ's but found nothing specific to help. Does anyone have a hopefully obvious solution? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.