Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CDROM DEVICE DRIVER MISSING

• Please log in to reply

PISTONVANDROM

PISTONVANDROM

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
I have a pacard bell computer that was on windows 95 I have formated the hard drive with format /s command and want now to put windows 98 on as OS. Unfortunatelly i did not get the right description for th cd rom device driver for the config.sys programme.The cd rom is a Liteon LTN204 but i have tried all kind of commands in the config file like "DEVICE=A:\LITEON CD-ROM LTN204.SYS /D:CD01" but could not get the computer to start/use the cd rom to run my Windows 98 se.
Can anybody please help me!?

Advertisements

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Do you have a Win98 boot disk (floppy)? If so, it should load up the driver for you; simply select "With CD-ROM support" when prompted. If you don't have one, you can download one from here:
http://www.freepctec...les/WIN98SE.exe

Be well, SD