Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

safe mode

• Please log in to reply

Julie Julie Julie

Julie Julie Julie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi....... My computer froze and I rebooted it. It went into safe mode. I got out of safe mode, but its still looks like its in safe mode. I can get on the net.
I hope I am making sense.

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
If oyu are still in Safe Mode it will say the words "Safe Mode" in all four corners of the screen.

Like this:

Posted Image

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
You will know as "Safe Mode" will be visible in the 4 corners of the screen. If not, then you are booted and some settings have gone to default perhaps. What makes you think you are still in safe mode?

ttysoon, SD

Julie Julie Julie

Julie Julie Julie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi.... Its not in safe mode anymore. But the screen ect looks like it is . And I cant get it back to normal.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Does the screen say safe mode in the corners?

Julie Julie Julie

Julie Julie Julie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No it doesnt say safe mode in the corners

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
So what makes you think you are still in safe mode? If it is the background or screen size, go into to start, control panel, display properties and check them there.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Julie Julie Julie...Welcome to G2G!

Sounds like you may have lost some video drivers or, at very least, your settings have been changed to the very basic settings that Windows uses when it encounters a problem.

Let's try this...Right click on your desktop and choose Properties. Click on the Settings tab. In the "Screen Resolution" box, see if you can move the slider to a resolution higher than it is at present...preferably to 1028 X 768 pixels. In the box to the right of that one (Color Quality), open the drop down menu and see if you have any better qualities listed such as "32 bit". If you can, choose the 32 Bit settings and click "Apply" (You may get a prompt asking if you want to apply the changes without restarting your computer...choose yes, and Don't panic if the screen flashes). If the settings do, in fact, change...click "Yes" in the dialog box and then click "OK" in the Settings dialog box.

If you can't change the settings with this method, post back and we will look for some hardware issues.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 24 July 2005 - 07:34 PM.

Julie Julie Julie

Julie Julie Julie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks..........it was in the properties

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Great...Glad you got it straightened out!

wannabe1